Friday, February 1, 2008

a perfect lullaby

It reminds me of traveling with little children. Is your nose running? Oh yeah, I definitely think that is running. Have some benadryl. Are ya' sleepy? Here's a blankey.

Scott doesn't want to take anymore benadryl. He says it makes him too sleepy, but I'm going to miss it. Granted, he's not itching anymore, but between the two options: miserable out of his gourd, and sleeping; oh yeah, give me sleeping.

My favorite way to fall asleep is by listening. First, I listen to all the big sounds; the furness, cars, whatever. Then, I block all that out and find the little sounds; Scott breathing, the house creaking. Once I block all that out, I listen really close. It takes a while to silence my thoughts and there's usually a white TVish noise to break through, but I can hear it; I can hear my heart beating. It's the perfect lullaby. Oh, it helps me to curl up into a tight ball. Some people call that fetal position; that it's a sign of insecurity, but I don't believe them. I'm secure...... I think?

2 comments:

EM said...

Dear Scott and Brenda,

It is snowing this morning. It looks like we should get a 3-4 inches. No wind so that is nice. The kids have had their fill of snow. Not one request to go sledding this morning.

We have most of our house ready for Sunday and I am too tired to push to finish. It will just have to do. By Monday nobody will notice if I don't clean the bathrooms, or put those last few toys away.

Lily is working on putting a quilt together for personal progress. Eva is reading for the school read-a-thon. She wants to beat Othon's record for last year. She is giving it a good effort!. Clara is playing and Othon is on the game cube. I am doing the bills and Tim is at work. (He was going to go fishing but the snow messed up those plans).

As always our prayers and thoughts are with you and your family often throughout the day. With all our love Em and family.

Brenda B said...

You sound tired. I agree, the house is not so important to worry about. I hope your weekend is great and relaxing.

loves, brenda