Tuesday, February 26, 2008

the card

So, here I sit; waiting for the dr to adjust the drain. No, she isn't going to take it out. She made an argument that didn't hold much weight until she said, ".... and that would potentially prevent you from going to transplant."

That was so not fair, playing the transplant card. How could I possibly have her take it out, or pull it myself if it puts that gem in the least little bit at risk?

I am so frustrated, so angry; and after waiting nine hours in short stay, listening to the life flight helicopters buzz nonstop; perhaps it is questionable if I am competent to sign any consent. There are not adequate spew words to relieve this blind rage that has just one rational target.

......damn drain.

Ok, that pretty well covers it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I guess the time has come to quit lurking on your blog and post a comment. I have followed your family's journey with Scott's cancer almost from the beginning. I find your (you and scott's) courage and openness amazing. I don't know what it does for you in sharing your experiences but it gives me a daily reminder of how we owe all that we have to the grace of God. Thank you for allow us to be a part of this experience in some small way. I can only offer our continued prayers in behalf of you and your family.

- kirk rawlins

Brenda B said...

Thanks, Kirk.