Sunday, February 3, 2008

I thought I had arrived just late enough to evade interrogation, but they were running on Mormon standard time. Mormons are pretty nosey, in general. They look for new faces to greet, and that's nice, but I didn't feel like answering any questions. I guess I could've told them outright that I'm here, waiting for someone's untimely demise. Bill would've been proud, but I did't have energy for even that. I left sacrament meeting before the closing prayer and have enjoyed the Sunday pigging out on Jan's egg rolls.

The kids are wearing thin emotionally. They've done marvelously this stint, but even Charlotte is asking when we are coming home. I've stalled, using weather as an excuse to stay here, hoping for transplant, but I am getting trunky for home; for the kids. Heaven help us for the real deal.

3 comments:

Lost Woman said...

Oh, don't get me on that "snoopy mormon" soap box. (maybe that is for a phone chat. (:

As for the untimely demise... OY!

What phrase are you most tired of hearing?
Hang in there?
You'll make it?
You're so strong?
Keep the faith?
Trials make you stronger?

I'm tired of hearing..DUDE! (I'm sooo not a dude)
So much less to complain about than you.

Anonymous said...

The weather is a TOTALLY valid excuse not to come home! I just got back from SLC last night and holy cow; it was sunny and clear until I got to that Malad pass, which was blizzarding! Two cars were off the road and you can't see the road at all, so I had to follow the car ahead of me going 35 mph aqnd hope he knew where the lines were supposed to be under all that snow. Aren't they supposed to send snowlpows onto the freeway every so often? I mean, you couldn't even see the guardrail any more because it had been drifted over!

Trust me, the weather bit isn't an excise; it's truth!

BTW--been blizzarding here all day today, so check on that pass before you leave!

Anonymous said...

Hah--I was right about the snow plows! Check this out:

http://www.localnews8.com/Global/story.asp?S=7816652