It was great to spend the day at my parents house. The kids had had a great weekend and wanted to stay and play, so we did.
It was especially fun to see my sister, Valyn, and her brood. I'm impressed with what a good mom she is. She's made huge sacrifices in order to stay with those babes and remain nonessential debt free, while her husband works and finishes school. I am presenting her with the "Good Grit" award......... it's new, and she's the first one to get it.
Rah, Rah, Shishcoombah! GO VALYN!!!
Scott, in reality, has been working productively on patterns for quilt material. He has some joint stiffness, but is doing relatively well as long as he stays up on the advil.
I haven't been ok. I've worried my head off that he's going to explode with a raging infection, and yet he's just fine. I feel like such a nut. I can't trust my instincts because they are all fried. One minute I'm stable, and the next; my emotions are like raw, open blisters. I hate weepy ooziness.
So, mixed in with all my current irrationalities, I've been having a bit of angst towards God over the duration of this gig. I've always been able to get what I want by working for it, or changing what I want. It's insanely frustrating to be stuck in a stalemate, and standing on red hot coals........ ok, so right now they are just hot; not red hot.
No worries, though. I've been here before and done that. This whole thing cycles, and I know what comes next. I'm primed for an attitude adjustment; I can feel it coming. It's the Lord's way of keeping me humble, grateful, and willing. .........sigh......... It's going to have to be a big one, because I am so not.
Monday, February 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Some regular sleep goes a long way in that attitude adjustment thing. (let's think back on regular sleep.... a distant memory?)
From the outside looking in it seems you are doing amazingly well given all the rollercoaster loops.
If your sister gets the grit award then I give you the buoyancy medallion: For treading water an inordinate amount of time whilst still keeping sanity, wit, humor,persistence, and honesty about you.
I'd like to thank the academy.. and my many sponsors who made this award possible. And especially the gringo for making Sunday not seem so bad... Thanks for the love.
We do love you and pray that you will be able to move out of your inlaws very, very soon.
b
Post a Comment