Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Lucky man

The pharmacist, whose fault it wasn't that the dr did not call in the required prescription, must have sensed that he was on the verge of being covered in highly emotional goo, and instinctively backed away from the window. Such a wise, older gentleman; I think he has been there before; nice enough person approaches and then snaps, revealing their inner beast. I'm so grateful that I was able to hold it together just long enough to get things worked out. Lucky man...... it was another close one.

This is becoming a major trend; I'm obviously in need of either a medication tuneup, or an insane asylum. I would love just a bit of asylum from all this, but what I really want is to get through it.

We are headed to SLC in the morning to meet with our hepatologist. Out of all the drs, we consider him to be the alpha male of the pack. It's important to establish who really has the heaviest weight in the decisions. While it's so frustrating to be passed up for donors, we trust him to advocate on our behalf in getting the right liver. We feel like he cares.

The kids are staying at my cousin's house (thank you Rex and Jennifer), except for C. She is coming to keep us laughing the whole way. She really believes her hugs are magic, and they are. They are full body, wrap her arms and legs around you hugs. What fun to have forty pounds of heaven.

No comments: