hi brenda,
hopefully the scratchy sweater show of support will help a liver to arrive. i always think that fasting is the best way, as my stomach growls so loudly it can't be ignored!
hugs to you and scott!
sam
.....
Thank you, Sam.
I had to go with a softer sweater today, but am chewing gum like a horse. I'm hoping that will hold me together just as well as a scratchy sweater. It is my best effort, and will have to leave the rest to God's grace.
No word on the donors................... I thought I had experienced hell at it's best but this is even hotter than that. Surely, if there is a melting point for nerves of steel, this would be it.
I pray God will have mercy, today; this hospital stay has been inhumanely stressful for Scott. Also, he is looking worse and more yellow. His morale is below 0 and dropping.
Heaven help us.
b
.....
I can chew supportive gum! I'll put in the whole pack if needed. Maybe we could organize a "moment to blow bubbles" all together at the same time as a show of support?!
Ok, so that doctor better not be pulling your chain again today and holding out the liver carrot. I'm frustrated on your behalf. Chew slowly and consistently. A Hard chew will only wear out your jaw.(I think this might actually be really sage advice)
xoxoxo
Cerese
.....
Scott just woke up from a bit of a nap. He seems a lot better in spite of the nurse digging around to find a new IV access. OY! This is exactly why I am not a nurse, anymore.
I know that our surgeon is doing a liver transplant at this very moment, which probably answers the questions of potential donors. I haven't told Scott, yet.............. I don't think I'm going to tell him. I'm having a hard enough time just dealing with my own disappointment.
At least he is feeling better..... I think he suspects the transplant isn't forthcoming, because they are letting him eat. He just wants to go home to Jan's house, and sleep.
b
Saturday, February 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment