One thing I like about drinking Dr Pepper is that it provides big, reverberating burps. That said, you must use a bit of caution with what you eat beforehand. Make sure it is not something that only tastes good the first time; something like a toasted rueben sandwich. Trust me on this one, sauerkraut is sure to sour even the most pleasant belch.
So, we ditched the drs appointment, and came home all excited to see the kids. We were so missed, they asked to stay another night at Jennifer's; a most telling and genuine compliment to her.
In my prayers, I always include special thanks for our parents, and everyone involved with keeping my children safe and if not happy, then at least caught up in their homework. My stresses don't include their well being. Sure, I'm concerned, but I've not been worried. It's a huge gift, thank you.
I've thought a lot about prayer, lately. I've wondered: if you get what you prayed for, could it be that it is just God's will anyway, or is it His way of exacting some cruel irony in return for your nagging Him? To be sure, it really is wise to be careful what you pray for.
It's always safe to pray to be comforted; to be strengthened. Not once have I prayed for this and then felt abandoned. Quite the contrary, I really believe angels have held me together this last year. I may have used a couple up for good with my erratic driving on the way home, but I have distinctly felt them. It's as subtle as hearing your heartbeat, but they're there.
Wednesday, February 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment