It's -20 degrees with a windchill of -34. That's bad, real bad news for a mother that has spent the three day weekend gritting her teeth and craving deli chicken.
N. is going to be particularly disappointed. She stayed up until 11:30 finishing a report on worms that was due December 14th. I told her that I loved her so much that I would give her every opportunity to get it done, even if it meant that she would miss her field trip, bowling, this afternoon. (It does not pay to ever get mad at N. If I can keep my cool and turn it into a sincere, because I love you, statement, I can usually avoid the nuclear bomb.) I'm grateful she took me seriously, because what a pain it would be to follow thru on that threat. Emotional forecast.......severe storm warning.
Anyway, Scott was up all night with ulcerish pain. Yesterday, our local oncologist ordered viscous lidocaine and said that if it got too bad we would have to consider stopping the chemo. I keep praying that we'll go for transplant and not have to deal with it, but it is to no avail. The discouraging thought for the night was; God deals in millions of years. I'm praying for a transplant within the day, and He's thinking that's anytime within the next thousand years.
The attitude adjustment of the week was brought to me by the online, cholangiocarcinoma support group. You go thru and see pictures of beautiful people with beautiful families who have died or are dealing with cholangiocarcinoma. I cried and cried, but left with a resolve to complain a little less, since we are going thru all this together and Scott is going to live.
Tuesday, January 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
First of all 5:16 am? Huh? what? You are up late, you are up early. Yikes. I would not have the reserve to offer N the loving choice of missing the field trip to finish the paper on that kind of sleep. Bully for you!
And to think people here in the Desert SW are complaining about the "cold"winter.
Sorry the delivery hasn't come as I ordered. I'll see if i can track it.
No rest for the wicked, they say, and I have to believe them.
This is probably your first time arranging transplant with the Lord, so I can forgive you...... this time:)
Thanks for understanding. You know... you put an order in.... you give a decent amount for shipping.You would THINK!!
But, I often get in trouble for thinking.
I'll keep tracking. I hope it is insured, or at least has delivery confirmation.
Post a Comment