Sunday, January 20, 2008

For the record II

Great aunt LuAnne is perhaps the brightest old person I have ever met; brightest and happiest. It was Uncle Wilford's funeral, and you would've thought that that she might feel really bad that out of the 12 children just her and Grandma are still around...... wait, I think Hazel might be alive, but I can't quite remember. Anyway, she was genuinely, wonderfully light, yet so grounded and real. What a treasure.

Speaking of funerals, I think it is really cruel to make the grandchildren/cousins sing at the funeral. For the record, and as a final gift; I'm letting all my posterity off the hook....... you're welcome.

Well, there's no impending crisis, except that the chemo is really kicking in for Scott. It takes such guts to take chemo; knowing it won't kill you, but you'll wish you could die. The motrin used to take the edge off, but it's hurting his stomach. I'm not sure what we'll do.

I sure wish we could go for transplant, already. But then, you already know that.

2 comments:

Lost Woman said...

I had forgotten that tomorrow is Martin Luther King holiday. So FYI the liver may likely come tuesday rather than Monday as requested.
You know about federal holidays.
Sorry! (still one can hope)

Brenda B said...

No! I am so holding you to Monday. It's Monday or bust........... or just keep doing what we've been doing for months and months and months.......... yeah....... we're here.