Tuesday, January 1, 2008

wow

There's only one thing guaranteed to happen when you get the sisters together for a big party................ bad gas. I'm surprised EXXON hasn't identified the mushroom cloud as a significant, renewable energy source; wind and methane all in one. We probably have bad gas all the time. It's putting the seven of us all together in the same, enclosed room with a pan of artichoke dip............ wow.

I feel pain looking back on 2007. It feels like I haven't accomplished much. I guess sheer survival is a pretty hefty accomplishment, but I don't feel satisfied. I feel frustrated. So much of this last year was spent sitting and waiting: waiting for procedures, waiting for results, waiting at the pharmacy, waiting for pain or nausea medication to kick in, waiting for the dr to call back, waiting in the waiting room, waiting for the IV to infuse, waiting for someone's untimely demise, waiting, waiting waiting waitingwaitingwaiting, WAITING!!!!!!!! I hate waiting. I am not graceful at waiting. I am getting less graceful at waiting by the minute. The Lord might want to try something different, RIGHT NOW, because this "little exercise" in waiting has been beaten plum to death.

...... sorry, just had to pass that tidbit of emotional gas........ wow.

Scott is on day 5 of the two week chemo cycle. It's not pleasant. Something about killing off your own cells is very depressing to the mind and body. It becomes one of those exquisite purgatories you wish you had only heard about. I don't recommend it to anyone.

2 comments:

EM said...

Dear Scott and Brenda,
A new year has begun and with that a few new goals for the family and myself. I have to say I really hope the goals are achieved but since they are the same as last year the odds are not in my favor. Maybe this year will be the charm.

Today is the first day back to school. The routine went smoothly and I hope that continues to be the pattern. I even got all four kids through the showers and baths. The dogs need a bath but I am not in the mood to have them inside today while they dry. So another day!!

Well just wanted to let you know I am checking up on things. I sincerly hope and pray the next nine days pass quickly and as smooth as possible. Thank you for being you and loving my brother so much! Em and family

Brenda B said...

Thanks Emalee. You've been great.

What exactly is happening in the next nine days that I don't know about? I'm lost.

Thanks again. It's nice to know someone is out there.

loves, brenda