Friday, January 4, 2008

In Brendese

While shopping yesterday, I ran into an old friend. I've seen her several times this last year. I know she will be upset when she finds out about Scott, but it takes so much energy to explain all this, and then I will feel like I need to comfort her. I'd rather be happy to see her and say we're doing just fine; which is only a lie in normal English. In Brendese it means; we are hanging on by the skin of our teeth, but things will work out in the end.

I woke up this morning with an emotional migraine. In Brendese that means; the inner Beast reigns supreme. Trust me, you do not want to cross the Beast. It's pleasure is to eat and regurgitate husbands and children*. It's so much less damaging for everyone if I just curl up from the very start, and sandwich my head between the pillows till the brain scream goes away. It's always painful for a few hours, but at least it goes away.

Scott is making progress on his book. It's about mosquitoes that eat fruit, mix colors, and then die. It's a warped "circle of life" kind of thing, done really cute. I can't tell you how happy it makes me to see him working on something.

The day has ended pretty well. The kids are having a "late night" with friends and games. Scott went to bed uncomfortable, but manageable. And, I am doing just fine; both feet in Brendese, but leaning heavy into the normal English definition.



*It's favorite fare, by far, is telemarketers.

No comments: