Is there anything I wouldn't buy if I thought it would make Scott more comfortable? I think not. Is there anything I wouldn't do? Well, a couple of things, but not many. It makes more sense to me now, why my father would eat rum soaked raisins, or drink horse-shit tea to try to help his arthritis. There's this feeling that there must be something out there that would help, a remedy, anything.
So today, I bought a maroon recliner for Scott. Honestly, I wouldh've purchased one months ago if I thought it would make him happy to tears, but it was a difficult purchase. There are so many hideous recliners and they are built, mostly, for shorter people. Thankfully, I had plenty of help. Those lanky salespersons were thrilled to try out all the recliners I pointed at.
I took the kids to the temple open house this morning. We have tickets for the 19th, but I am hoping that we will be gone for transplant, and I wanted to go with them. We didn't have tickets, but they let us go anyway, no problem. It made them late for their first day back to school, and it was well worth the tardy. (The invitation still stands for anyone else, stranger or not. We are happy to make housing and transportation arrangements if you can make it to the Idaho Falls airport.)
Temple open house + kids back to school + Scott doing artwork again + successful recliner purchase = another good day.
Thursday, January 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment