Wednesday, January 23, 2008

numb

I don't think the small box of deli chicken and 5 clementines I ate for breakfast can count as emotional eating. I didn't feel any emotions. I didn't even feel full when I was done.

I didn't feel a thing until 11am when I picked up Naomi for her podiatrist appt. I know it's because she just had her teeth pulled, but if a dead horse could breathe, oh mama, that's exactly what her breath smelled like. So, it was nausea that drove me to Walgreen's for mints, but it was stupidity that locked my keys in the van.

I'm pretty numb, today, but I feel plenty of gratitude for near and dear friends that are happy to save my day. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

So, Scott is plenty sick from the chemo, I am presuming. I am a little more than concerned since he seems to be turning yellow. But if he is not running a fever, or at least having significant chills, I don't think there is much to be done about it. The last thing I want to do is drag the man in just to hear the dr to say, Yeah, waiting for transplant really stinks. Deal with it.

3 comments:

Lost Woman said...

Is numb better or worse than crazy, distressed, weepy, desperate? The calm before the storm... the proverbial eye of the hurricane?

Oh yeah, I'm a helpful supportive friend. I'm just thinking out loud wondering if this state is an improvement or a holding pattern.

I'm sending good energy.

Anonymous said...

Numb is good; at this stage in the game, I think you're aloud whatever emotional state you prefer at the moment!

I'll take numb, but only for so long. I like a good fit, too . . .I remember a parenting book that said "babies need to be allowed to scream once in a while; this is how they develop their lungs and the muscles in their limbs . . ." and I think the same goes for me. After a hysterical fit or a good cry, I feel rested Like I've had a good workout. Numb or screaming, it's all good (to steal your phrase!)

EM said...

Dear Scott and Brenda,

Life is going on here with little variation. Othon is sledding on sheets of ice now that due to to freezing weather will be around for the next few months. He even has skid marks on his chin, upper lip, nose and forhead to show his determination to slide like a penguin.

I am volunteering at school today. For the little girls it is mix and match day. They are each wearing tow different socks. Well I better get going or some teacher will think I am a mix and match mom,dragon(breath),and slug.

Have a good day and say HI to M,N,A,&C. Love Em and family