Friday, June 27, 2008

An ending, a beginning

There's no way to indulge a comfortable nervous breakdown if the neighbors are all privy to every warped thought that crosses my page. I doubt blogging was ever meant to be a performance art where your entries are timely matched with "hope you feel better soon" cookies......... uh, thanks for the cookies.

I tried to stop writing...... can't.

I tried diluting it a bit; soften it out....... find it grossly unsatisfying.

The year has been many things; painful to say the least, but not in vain. I've been so grateful for this venting medium; grateful for all of you, your support and prayers. God has been so kind in sparing my family. Thank you for seeing us through the miracle.

So, my loves, I guess this is where I get off. It has been a thrilling, white knuckle ride, but good things do end at some point; this being as good a point as I can find.

God bless,
Brenda


P.S. I suppose, that if you were not a neighbor or relative, I would consider inviting you to my new, private blog(requests can be submitted to bbfranson@mac.com). After all, what's the fun of blogging if no one is there to catch the spew.

3 comments:

Kathy Garcia said...

Brenda-
I completely understand your needs. You have done an amazing job of keeping the world of friends, family and others up to speed and we are all grateful for that. We are thrilled to NO end that all went so well for Scott and that your famiy is truly a family again. We hope that you know that our door is always open and we get to see you now and then. I know you are soooooo ready to be normal-whatever that is....I don't think I have ever experienced that.. Love to your family from ours. Wishes for a wonderful rest of 2008 and on and on and on. Thanks for letting our family be a part of yours for the past 18 months. We have really enjoyed getting to know you all. I hope that I can have half the sense of humor and strength you have had through it all. We can all use it!!!! I just put this saying on my wall and love it:

Where I live is a reflection of who I am and how I want to live. It is my home- an extension of my soul. It 's where my spirit rests and plays.
I share it with the people I love and that makes all the difference.

Isn't that an awesome saying. I thought of that when you said that you were glad to be home!
Our thoughts and prayers will always be with your family--Love The Garcia Gang-Nefi and Kathy and kids

Blonde Momma said...

I can understand the need to have an "end" to this outlet. I can't wait for mine one day, the day that i will have nothing to blog about and life is "normal" again. Thank you for your kind words and I wish your family and Scott much happiness and many more healthly days to come.

God Bless

Erin

rmn4000 said...

Brenda,

Thank you for this wonderful blog, which I hope will someday be published in book form, since what you have written is such a wonderful insight into the human soul.

I'm very happy for the great outcome that Scott has had. Since I'm at risk for cholangiocarcinoma, it's wonderful reading a success story, despite the horrors of the road getting there.

Hope to "see" you on the PSC Support group every now & then. Congratulations on being on the road to "normal" again.

Love,
Marie Nilsson