"....and when I woke up, I felt ravaged."
That's exactly what he told the dietitian, but I'm pretty sure he meant ravenous, or famished; since nothing of that sort has gone on at my house for a long time.
Scott being able to taste what he eats, and eat without being nauseous, is as huge a blessing as having the pain under control so he can sleep; what grand luxuries after a year without. He's so grateful, so amazed. It's quite fun to just watch him enjoy every little thing. I lack nothing by the way of entertainment.
If there's any place that Scott needs his taste, it is at Jan's house. She's such a great cook; her egg rolls mmmmmm......... That was a great birthday/re-birthday party, thank you. We have loved it here, thank you.
Thursday, June 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I hope he was ravenous---creates a better picture in one's mind. :)
You're right. I looked it up. Ravished is just as bad ravaged. I am hoping he was ravenous.
I had to change it. I'm so embarrassed.
What little pleasures life gives us each day that we just take for granted. It really makes me know I don't understand just how blessed we are. I can just picture Scott closing is eyes and savoring every flavor with a look of pleasure. I hope it doesn't wear off too soon. I would like to see it in person.
Today is Clara's field day. She is running a couple of races. I am going to watch and cheer on the runners.
With much love Em and family.
Yeah, my husband must be confusing the two concepts (ravaged and ravenous), also, because the other day I said, "What do you dream of?" and he answered, "A night in a hot tub with five Big Macs on a silver platter!" When I chided him for having hot tub fantasies that include Big Macs but not his WIFE, he backpedaled and said, "No no--you would be there, too!" Nice try! ;)
Post a Comment