Friday, June 13, 2008

worrying over cupcakes

On Friday, June 13, 2008, at 01:06AM Sam wrote:

hi brenda,

my insomnia is back, but now i'm not worrying about scott! i've always wanted to go to the food show --how fun! i can't believe that scott is already out and about wandering through the food show! amazing! how are you doing with your ptd? are the kids bringing you back to 'normal' --or the new version of normal?

i'm now worrying whether i should take 84 cupcakes or a big sheet cake (or two) to ms. mayer's wedding shower. ms. mayer is the kindergarten teacher and our current nanny (fabulous) --they've invited all of the kids (and parents) from the last 2 years. either way, I'll order the cake/cupcakes, but i may have to get the cake from cosco, which will require a special trip (no one else seems to have rosebud cakes -if needed, see jan for a definition...). cupcakes will likely cost more and be difficult to move, but are easier to serve, especially for almost 1st graders, and don't require plates and forks? i wonder how much a dozen cupcakes costs or even 7 dozen cupcakes... cupcakes always remind me of grandma franson --chocolate. yummm.

at least the wedding shower isn't at my house --i wouldn't sleep for a month!

time for a glass of milk (sans cupcake, unfortunately) and 2 aspirin.

hugs,

sam
-------------
Hi Sam,
I am doing well. Scott is doing fabulous, although dealing with a few medication side effects. It's nothing that can be helped, but hopefully will go away as they reduce the anti rejection drugs.

I think it a good sign that you are worrying over cupcakes. It tells me everything else is pretty close to being OK, or else you'd be worrying about that.

Once, I told my friend that I was glad she was complaining about the neighbor's dog, because that meant her marriage was doing fine. I'm not, perhaps, the most tactful person in the world, because we haven't talked much since. Perhaps, I owe her an apology.

Anyway, I'm not saying you are complaining. I'm just saying it's natural to concentrate on the most pressing issue, and I'm a bit jealous that my most pressing issue isn't transporting cupcakes.

Isn't there another mother going that could help with that? What about Ms. Mayer's mother? I don't think they'd travel well on the roof, but maybe. Hmmmmmm........

Things must be fine here, too, or else I wouldn't be thinking about it. Yes, things are actually going quite well. I think I better try harder to enjoy it. I never know when it will get jerked away. I definitely need to switch to enjoy mode.

loves,
b

No comments: