We drove hundreds of miles through the salt flats with little relief. I guess there was that shack covered hole for the truckers who didn't want to pee off the side of their rig, but I highly discourage drinking 20 ounces of anything before trekking to Elko.
So, all of Nevada rated between toe jam and bellybutton lint until Katie and Ric took us up the canyon behind their house, where it turned into a Yosemite National Park, only unspoiled by all the traffic. Suddenly, I wanted to live there, next to the Ruby Mountains, and pan for gold; an improvement over my visions of ending up as bleached bones on the desert. The enhanced perspective transformed the return desert to an art palette. Exquisite.
Katie and Ric will bring the girls back to Idaho on their way to the Hammer family reunion. Dawn and Mark are taking JA and C to John and Kathy's on their way to Canada. We are looking forward to our dr appointment tomorrow, quite hopeful for a discharge from Utah in general. I can't hardly wait to be a real family in our real, messy house, again.
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Isn't it funny how you can go from completely desolate to beautiful in all of a mile? I'm glad that you had a nice ride, you'll have to stop in and see Paul and Sam. :-)
I love your blogs, you are so funny, inspirational, and, well, just you. I'd like your permission to put the blog address in the RS newsletter. No biggie if you don't want to. Carrie suggested it, and I agree it's wonderful, but just I want your permission first.
Email me at bridgettepatterson@gmail.com and tell me what you think. If you can give me a quick up-to-date update about Scott's progress for the newsletter, that would be wonderful. Enjoy your vacation!
Love, Bridgette
Post a Comment