I giggled. It was the way she had said, "I know this is a really sensitive subject." but I couldn't bring myself to tell her I had already had that talk and figured it out pretty well. "I talked with my sister. A lady in her ward is dying. Now, what blood type is Scott? My sister says she would ask." Oh! and fall off my chair. I don't really think it's a good idea for someone to offer their neighbor's liver.
People just want to help. Scott is well loved by all, so for them to see him all green and sallow, makes everyone wrack their brains to find a cure to keep his liver, donate part of theirs, or lobby for someone else's(excuse me, if you're done with that........). They are so frustrated that there's nothing to be done in this situation, but wait for the Lord to deliver a liver.
"I can't believe how patient you're being with all this." Trust me, patience has nothing to do with it. Resignation, maybe, but not patience; as if there is an alternative to sucking it up, and waiting it out.
The kids are doing well except for the fact that N has a sinus/ear infection, and C has a barky cough. JA has another ISAT test in the morning. M has plenty of work with reports and whatnot of 7th grade. It's a warped normal life at my house, but the world keeps turning.
The neighbor girl circled us on a walk last week, "Is he still sick?" Yes. "Ok. Why is he green?" Well, he's sick. "But, why is he green?" Perhaps, she thought he had chosen that color over purple. We never did satisfy her with any of our answers.
Scott continues to breathe in spite of looking and feeling quite poor. It's my only demand........ the breathing, not the being miserable part.
Sunday, April 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Hey Brenda, Who is Plotter? Most of us that like to blog hope that we are saying something interesting so kudos to you, I guess. Hope your day is good.
Apparently, plotter is a hack from Brazil that sends the same comment to each and every blog that he finds. I have no idea how he found my blog since it is not searchable, and has been offered only to family, friends, and the online support groups to which we subscribe. I deleted the post because, while it was flattering, it was also insincere spam trash.
I hear you have baby chickens. My kids have been overturning every flower bed rock to find bugs for them. Perhaps, we will be able to purchase eggs from you in the near future.
I had no idea Scott's color had evolved from yellow to green.
I'm more of a green fan myself, but perhaps not in this case?
I'm with the neighbor girl. But why IS he green? (:
As for the offer of a someone else's liver..... I believe there is a thriving black market for those sorts of things, but I had not heard of churchgoers in th business.
These people really love you!
It depends a lot on what he is wearing and in what kind of light........... who am I kidding, he's green. I have been so close, it is hard for me to see, but up against my lily white skin, it is undeniably green.
Since bile is a dark puce color, I can only guess that there is so much in his blood he has turned that color.
I cannot think of any advantages of being green.
Post a Comment