Tuesday, April 29, 2008

I pay $10 to every child that is cavity free. It is well worth the incentive, but only N and C managed to hit pay dirt this round.

JA's cavities are visible, but on baby teeth slated to fall out. I'm thinking the tooth fairy might pay only half for teeth with big holes in them.

Poor M. Although the rest of her face turned to stone, the dentist was unable to properly deaden her tooth. He's been our favorite, most skilled dentist; they're so terribly hard to find; I don't know what went wrong. Anyway, it was awful, but if it motivates her to brush her teeth.......

Heavens, it's been 10 months since Scott has had enough concentration or soul to seriously read; a most painful loss, leaving his brain to eat itself instead of a book. Alas, the damage has not been permanent; he is reading once more. Praise the Lord for such a generous gift in these dark times.

I put off saying my prayers as long as I possibly can, anymore, because I just don't know what to say. I'm having a harder time feeling grateful, as of late. And, what is there that I need, that I haven't pleaded for a million times, already. Is "ditto" is an acceptable prayer? The Lord sends bits of peace every now and then, so babbling must pass for something.

2 comments:

Lost Woman said...

At one point in my life I was severely depressed-even suicidal-(which is not the point here) But, I had lost touch with OH so many things including how or why to pray.
During that time someone who wasn't of any specific religion told me how she prayed, even though she wasn't sure their was a higher power. It was essentially:

"I believe you are there. I believe you know the desires in my heart. I believe you know what is best for me. Please help me believe in myself. Please help me to know instead of just believe."

Not that this is particularly relevant to your situation, but at the time it was very poignant to me in it's simplicity.

Ditto seems as simple and direct as it gets. (:

EM said...

Dear Scott and Brenda,

Our family is in the midst of soccer and baseball. We seem to get little else done during this time of year! Too bad they are both ourdoor sports....it has been cold and windy and rainy for many of the games and practices. Lily has just 2 more weeks, Othon 6 weeks if we are lucky and his team does not go to all stars. (oops don't tell Othon or Tim)

Bribery is a good way to get your kids to do stuff that is hard. The $10.00 bribe is a good one, I remember that as a kid. Othon is practicing the piano 30 minutes each day to earn a new game for the Wii....and to think it took me so long to find something that worked. Mind it is just the first week but so far so good.

Well it is time to go kick some balls around.

Take care with much love and prayers Em and Family