We went to our, "Stinks to wait for a transplant, buck up." appointment, today. They had reasons for why Scott is so uncomfortable, a few recommendations, no fixes, and no new liver. Apparently, liver failure is quite painful, and painful to watch. Here, I thought it was all the damn drain's fault, when it is just a solid damn.
In spite of being #1 on this area's list, Scott has been skipped several times by "status 1" persons. A "status 1" person is expected to die within the week, most likely on life support, and pulls the next available liver from the four state region.
I've known for almost 13 years that liver failure was part of the PSC package. To think, I was actually excited when they found the cancer at a treatable stage, because it looked like he would be able to skip all of this. I feel like such a fool having been so optimistic, and am frustrated that Scott might have to be on his literal death bed to receive a transplant.
Just a note: If you see my father, please, do not discuss this information with him. He is colorfully displeased with the duration and severity of this gig, as it is, and does not have a willing audience to spew upon.
The kids are doing very well. None of them wanted to talk to me for long, tonight, as they were watching,"Funniest Home Videos". They're obviously happy and content. I'm so grateful, and comforted to have our parents close to keep them; such a blessing, thank you, thank you.
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
What if the doctor actually said "Buck up"?
Somehow I try to imagine that coming out of a doctors mouth and it isn't right.
In this instance I don't know if it would be right coming out of anyones mouth.
Love hearing how great your families are for support.
Ok, so it was more of a "hang in there, you're going to make it, we know it is tough", but frustrating nonetheless.
I'm just cranky because........... well, no reason, but it feels like an appropriate emotion at the moment.
loves,
b
You SOOO have every right to be cranky.
That and more.
Post a Comment