Ok, so one good sign that Scott is doing better is that he actually had a good dream last night. I thought it was a seizure, because he was jerking around and making snorting (not the usual nasal chainsaw) and grunting noises. When I woke him, he had dreamed that he was old, driving go-carts for little kids, complete with sound effects. I laughed till I cried; it was so funny.
The kids were good for Scott during the hours I spent in time-out, this afternoon. Being so sour, I spent the last conference session alone, listening to the talks over the radio.
Conference always leaves me more grounded and inspired. Not that I can especially point out any particular speaker, but I felt the peace and comfort of listening to a prophet of God and his apostles. General Conference always leaves me with a burning desire to do better, and be better.
We all went to my parent's house for dinner. Several of my sisters came with their families, and we had a great time playing games and laughing. For a few hours, all the stress melted away as Scott was able to participate and enjoy the good company.
Scott was Scott, tonight. He brought artwork to give away, and talked, and played. Moments like this have been so rare, so precious; it brings me to tears to have him back. I can't project what tomorrow will bring, but can hope that it will all continue. If it doesn't, I can be grateful for this one night.
Sunday, April 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment