We came home today. I couldn't justify not being the mother, or pretending to be the mother, if Scott is going to be fine and dandy. Sometimes, I wish he would just make up his mind.
We went to a magic show up at the college. I was bored, but I doubt any show, but one, would satisfy me.
The show I'm waiting for involves an untimely death, and a miraculous resurrection. It's a gruesome trick for which no one volunteers, not for either side. The risks and implications being so heavy, I doubt that even Houdini would have had the nerve to think it.
So we took the kids, who loved it all, and threw our own illusions out there: pretending to be fine; pretending to be stable; pretending to care. It's not a new act, and we are very good at it. It's feeling a bit limp and stale; which brings us back to, I'm waiting for a show that involves an..................
Friday, April 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment