Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Tuesday

I guess I can see why C would be upset. It's tough for a 4 year old to understand that, no, she can't have braces put on today like N; and no, she can't get glasses like JA. After all that, and the fact that I forgot she was with me, and left her in the van while running an errand; she just melted down.

So, in a lame attempt to soothe the wounds, I broke the bank for the third time today, and took her to the dollar store. She wisely chose a yellow hat, an easter basket, and my little pony stickers........ love the dollar store.

I did get a lot done in spite of the running around. I framed a whole wall in the basement all by myself. Scott is pleased with the progress; he told me he thought that hideous stone fireplace would be there forever. ......oh, ye of little faith. Ha! ..................My father will be so proud.

Scott's unbelievably miserable with the fatigue and stress of this gig. He didn't sleep well last night, so he slept all day, so he won't sleep well tonight, so he'll..................

I'm fighting against my angst in why we are having to wait so long for a transplant. People die every day. Isn't there an extra liver out there, somewhere? Maybe, God has forgotten us, but I don't really think so. Perhaps, God is giving our donor a little more time........ There's a kicker; no matter how hard this is for us, it's going to be a million times harder for someone else's family.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are amazing! Framing walls in the midst of life with four kids, cholangiocarcinoma, nasty mud-slush weather . . . is construction cathartic? If not, it definitely says something about your caliber as a woman--I once heard that pioneer women would scoff at their modern couterparts for such frilly little passtimes as scrapbooking and stamping . . . if that is the case, they'd be proud of you; your housebuilding puts you more on par with them! ;)

Brenda B said...

I didn't know, so I had to look up cathartic.

Catharsis: evacuating the bowels; purgative.

Really, no. Construction is not cathartic. I have been unusually regular of late, so maybe.......

If you are referring to an emotional purge, then yes, construction runs parallel at the top of that list with destruction. I highly recommend them.