I had a pretty normal day. Well, as normal as it could get.
M resurrected a project from the basement. Zoe Book is a designer journal business that Scott set up for me years ago. I abandoned it when life with three children, ages 3, 1 1/2, and 0, got too sticky. She's excited and hopes to start selling them in the school trinket shop.
N has a sore throat. It is getting worse, but she doesn't have strep; I had her tested this morning at at the local urgent care. She thinks she's dying, but I'm finding it hard to be sympathetic; tonight, she played outside without a coat until I threatened to beat her.
It feels counterproductive to take your child to a walk-in clinic. There's just not enough hand sanitizer in the world to counteract the germs lurking there, not to mention the ones being hacked out into the enclosed atmosphere. If you weren't really sick before you went in, you certainly will be when you leave.
JA ran outside all afternoon in spite of the classic January-but-it's-really-almost-April weather. He played hard enough, but every time he ignores what I say, he gets a lap around the house. I'm thinking he will be a great track star...... probably a long distance runner.
C is thrilled with the new cat that just "showed up" at our door. I'm a little suspicious because we were offered one. I refused, and here a kitty-kitty conveniently appears out of nowhere. Hmmmm....... The kids are thinking about naming it Craisin. That's fine, but I'm not feeding it.
Scott...... Scott is pretty darn sick; everyday he is a little bit worse. It is agonizingly painful to watch him go down, and then down again. Salt Lake keeps saying the same old thing: Stinks to wait for a transplant.
Monday, March 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I still have my little "Zoe" journal from grad school in a lovely eggplant color with corrugated tan accent.
I loved that thing and used it to store the magnetic poetry creations people made on my little studio board.
The cat sounds suspicious, but I have empathy for the sore throat!
Hope the weather is actually springlike soon.
Post a Comment