Friday, March 21, 2008

snow melt

After waiting months for the snow to melt, I am wishing it back again. Anything to cover up the mess and the neglect over the last year. Just the thoughts of grass and garden plow me under.

It was a long day for Scott. He's in a fog of confusion and bizarre dreams. Perhaps, I should've called Salt Lake, but I know they will not be able to do anything. I wish he weren't in so much pain, but he doesn't want the drain messed with again. The discomfort seems intolerable to me; he refuses to go down for anything except for transplant.

I had a pleasant enough day. We had breakfast with Ann and Bert at Scott's parent's house; wonderful to see them. I purchased material and made the girls matching Easter skirts; so adorable. I even made after-school snacks for the kids. In passing, I had eaten my second slice of apple before I realized that someone had sucked all the carmel off.

2 comments:

Heber & Jessie Barzee said...

Brenda, This year is not the year to worry about a garden--forget it. I'm planting a large one as usual over H's objections. VaLyn suggested asparagus for your garden spot--considering the ditch bank location--it would be perfect. It's a care free plant. Would you like me to look for some root starts?
Love, Mom

Brenda B said...

Yeah. An asparagus and sunflower garden. I'm all over it. Especially since nothing else really grows well there, anyway.

loves,
brenda