There are some really great benefits to living in the mormon culture. Everyone is considered to be family, so there's a support system whenever you need it. I have to thank everyone for all their fasting and prayers, not to mention all the yummy rolls, casseroles, dinners and desserts. We feel very loved.
Two ladies from the ward showed up on my doorstep, today, and said, "We're here! What can we do for you?" I do kind of wish I had had the guts to give them cleaner and set them loose on the bathrooms, but since I didn't, we talked a bit and had a good laugh. It really lightened my day, thank you. I love it here.
Scott didn't sleep well last night, so he slept all day, so he won't be sleeping tonight, so he'll sleep all day................
The man lives on pain pills and carnation instant breakfast drinks. He's never been a fleshy man, but now he'll never be able to sit for any length of time due to the additional loss of padding. I don't get it; no matter how much I eat, he just keeps losing weight; so frustrating.
So, with the fireplace walled over and sheetrocked, I sadly returned the jackhammer drill to the neighbor's. I will always have a soft spot in my heart for that drill. My father has an antique gun on his mantel. Personally, I'm more likely to put up a HILTI. It's a beautiful piece of greasy equipment, and there's no better therapy on earth. Sigh..........
Wednesday, March 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Brenda,
If I had been there I wouldn't have asked, I just would have cleaned the bathrooms. :-) Things are going well... thanks for your text today, it brightened my day! I am still in Salt Lake, let me know how I can help and if you need me to come up there for a weekend. I am willing to work so ANYTHING that will help, just let me know.
Sunshine :)
Thanks, Sunshine. I don't think that anything less than a transplant would be incredibly helpful at this point. I pray you have nothing to do with us getting a transplant, save it be through your faith and prayers.
Congrats on your mission call. You'll be fabulous!
loves,
Brenda
Post a Comment