Thursday, April 23, 2009

"Hi! I'm Cindy! We want your stay, today to be as comfortable as possible. So, if there's anything I can get for you, let me know....... an ice water, a warm blanket.... Oh! Of course, only your wife can have the water...... Oh! Rexburg! I love Rexburg! Oh! I guess I just went on a little trip down memory lane......" She went on and on all chirpy and rehearsed as if on a plane for the seven dwarves, but she left out the part, "The exits are to your right and to your left, and if the hospital happens to flood, your seats may also be used as a floatation device." We thought it was weird, and after the nurse came and acted the same way as the receptionist, Scott asked if he had died and gone to purgatory.

We'll know for sure tomorrow, but our Dr is certain that Scott has CMV........ or Chrohn's........... or inflammatory bowel disease........ Ok, so he can see that something is severely wrong and is positive the histology report will dictate the next steps. Hopefully, whatever treatment they choose will work miracles and we'll be able to get on with our happily ever afters.

The feeding tube is not painful, but a lot less than comfortable. I'm hoping he'll adapt quickly losing the nausea. It's miserable, but still much preferred over having a colostomy.

4 comments:

Beloved said...

Gee, I thought I'd give you a few days before coming for a chat....called your home today and found out you hadn't come home on Wednesday night like I thought. I guess that's what I get for not checking your blog faithfully. How do you keep going with friends like me????

I hope the diagnosis is working out. It would be helpful for you to have a diagnosis/plan to keep with the healing. Yes, I can imagine the feeding tube is hardly tolerable to say the least...but we're praying that your body gets some nutrition, Scott. I sure wish you had one of those cute little umbrellas for a moment and could slip under it for a change of "season." Just for a few moments....

We love you both...and your great children.

Kirsten Ruebush

Beloved said...

Gee, I thought I'd give you a few days before coming for a chat....called your home today and found out you hadn't come home on Wednesday night like I thought. I guess that's what I get for not checking your blog faithfully. How do you keep going with friends like me????

I hope the diagnosis is working out. It would be helpful for you to have a diagnosis/plan to keep with the healing. Yes, I can imagine the feeding tube is hardly tolerable to say the least...but we're praying that your body gets some nutrition, Scott. I sure wish you had one of those cute little umbrellas for a moment and could slip under it for a change of "season." Just for a few moments....

We love you both...and your great children.

Kirsten Ruebush

mitchowl said...

My Dad had a peg tube, it wasn't too bad and he had it removed after a while. My brother has Crohn's. Once diagnosed he has been managing pretty well. I guess what I'm saying is that even though these things are not good, they can be manageable. Take care of yourself, Brenda.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I am a new reader to your blog. I was recently diagnosed with cholangiocarcinoma... I was wondering if you would be willing to possibly share your experience with me. I am looking for all the support and help I can get. Anything would be greatly appreciated...

Trevor

cnbougey431@hotmail.com