Friday, April 3, 2009

I used to hate sitting and listening to General Conference, but I really enjoy it now. It always leaves me feeling like God really loves me; that I can make it through all this rigamarole. I enjoy sitting, listening; doing quiet crafts with the girls, and Scott and John August usually pull out the legos. It's the only time, anymore, that I crochet. It took me 8 years to finish this last, big doily. But, what can you expect if you only crochet twice a year at General Conference time?

So, the sessions run 10am to 12pm, and 2pm to 4pm Mountain Standard Time on both Saturday and Sunday. Each session has different speakers, and you will listen to the prophet and apostles. You can live stream them from online at lds.org, or listen to them later, I think, on that web site. You are all invited.

My prayers, tonight, include Aunt Caleen, who just had a mastectomy this morning, and all her family, the Pitsenbargers, the Pfaffs, and our online cholangiocarcinoma family. God Bless all of us, though. There doesn't ever seem to be a time when we don't need a bit of divine intervention.

The 11 remaining chicks are doing great in the garage with a heating lamp. I have a wire mesh over the top to keep out any predatorial cats, and curious sheltie dogs.

1 comment:

Karen Anderson said...

Hi Brenda,

I have been reading your blog and enjoying your comments. How is Scott doing? I emailed on his Mac account and didn't get a response from him. He is back to school? You can email me at
karenaphotography@gmail.com
Kenny and I would like to know how he is doing.
Karen