The dr said he has never seen the liver enzymes drop so fast. Scott's bilirubin is down to 1.2; almost perfect. They knew the liver would be good, and are thrilled to find it even pristine.
I don't quite understand what it has to do with requiring a chest tube, but they say it's because the radiation fused his old liver to the diaphragm and major vessels. ??????? I have to trust that they know what they are doing. The tube stays till tomorrow, but it is very painful all the way up his back, right under his ribs.
It's a harder day. Scott's not able to deal with all the different teams of drs, the pain, the procedures, leaking drains, his wife tripping on the catheter.............. a constant stream of overstimulation; unpleasant, to say the least.
All in all, I think he's endured the indignities of it quite well. Past caring, he could streak the halls showing off his little white buns without even flinching, the most major inhibition being that his mother might see.
Wednesday, May 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh to be almost perfect... white buns and all!! It will be a great relief to get the chest tube out he should count his blessings that he was not awake when they put the thing in!! nasty nasty.
This afternoon I am making an apple box oven and baking a peach cobbler. You might ask why and so I will tell you... we are going off the grid........well okay that's not true. I have to learn how so I can teach the Young Women at our next combined activity. Hope it works.
We look forward to hearing the next hurdle that is jumped on the road to wellness. With much love and prayers. Em and family. Be sure to tell Scott we love him.
Brenda,
We're so happy to hear about the new liver and to know Scott's feeling so well. Our good thoughts and love are with you now and always as you continue on your journey.
My girls and I will say a special prayer of thanks for your family tonight. It's truly a great day.
All our love,
The Garanzuays (Katy, TX)
Oh, Brenda you have such a way with words. I always feel like I am right there with you guys. I am sure that Charlotte will be sad that her Dad is not her favorite color anymore. I know the wait was long . . . but a pristine liver what a blessing! Tell Scott we are rooting for him.
We are soo relieved to hear everything is going relatively well... however, I think every man on earth cringed a little when you tripped on the catheter. oi.
Post a Comment