"Do I look too good, today? Will they will think that I am not sick enough to be on disability; that I am just milking the system?"
No, you do not look too good. Anyone who passes you will notice that you are an odd shade of puce and emaciated. It's quite safe to say that there is zero chance that anyone will think that you are faking it.
Scott informed me this morning that he was going to sit in on an illustration class, this afternoon. It was great to see him in a shirt and tie; excited to see students and colleagues. I think he had a great time. He seems much happier.
For Scott, not working is one of the hardest blows of this gig; he's such a passionate teacher. I can't hardly wait until he goes back......... not that it's been entirely unpleasant to be with him 24/7/365, under extreme stress, without much of a break. Our relationship has weathered it quite well, but......... I wouldn't really recommend it to anyone.
I spent a chunk of the day throwing away Angela's junk. She has sold her house and is moving into a travel trailer to explore the world. I'm hoping she will keep in touch. I don't know what I'd do without her friendship.
My gut is restless. It feels a bit like the warnings I used to get before something really big, but it might be my brains eating themselves, again. I'm so burned out, it's hard to tell the difference, anymore.
Thursday, May 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment