Monday, May 26, 2008

a long day done

I can't do it. I can't blog the joke Stan told me; my mother reads my blog. Just know that I smiled all night about it, even though I couldn't tell it to Scott's mother, either. Maybe later.

They just took Scott back for transplant. It's a long 10-15 hour surgery. I wonder if the drs trade off and take naps. Pray for them.

Scott's parents and Kari also have a room here at the Guesthouse Inn. What a relief to have them in a more comfortable place than the surgical waiting room. It's priceless to have a private place to fall apart and pray.

By the way, thanks for all the prayers on our behalf, and especially the prayers for our donor family. Apparently, this one donor is giving precious, new life to over 6 people, tonight.

I'm fried with an adrenaline overload. Surely, the intensity of this gig has shaved years off my life and added them to my hiney.

Heaven help us all get through these excruciatingly long days, and the even longer nights.

2 comments:

Janet said...

Scott and Brenda,
Our prayers are all with you this night. Jan is keeping us posted. Thank you for blogging when things are so tense for you. We appreciate knowing how things are progressing.

We will continue to pray for you both and also the donor family. What a sacrifice.

Anonymous said...

We're right there with you--thank heavens for this blog or we'd go crazy waiting for updates! :)