It's been a nice rain. I prayed it here, because I didn't want to water my lawn. That might be like praying that the sun would rise, and feeling somewhat responsible for it being morning.
I swear, Scott is dying. Everyday, he is just a little more dead. He's been hovering for so long there at death's door, and sometimes, it's all I can do not to kick him the rest of the way in.
I wonder if prayer really isn't a way to tell the Lord what we want; but more of a way to express gratitude, and discover what the Lord wants for us. Surely, He, knowing everything, would not steer us wrong. Granted, I have no idea what he's thinking with this transplant deal. I risk being struck by lightning doubting His wisdom; asking questions like, "Are you sure? Really. Are you really, really sure this is what you intended?" The dilemma is such that it might not be a good idea to go outside with the rain and all. I'm a high risk doubter, although I think that lightening strike might be a good way to go.
Thursday, May 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment