I preferred being with them over having to sit still and reverently in a Sunday School class. We would play and they would sing good and hard for me. So, after several hundred singing times, I feel a bit of vested interest in all of the Primary children. And it's not that I intentionally picked favorites, but there are some children in particular that I have thoroughly enjoyed watching grow up.
So, I noticed when Trevor kept singing when the other boys deemed themselves too cool on the back row. I noticed how grown up he looked in his first suit. And after we sang him out of Primary, I was always happy to watch him pass the sacrament, which he did with reverent enthusiasm.
When the deacons were asked to keep their hair styles conservative, so as to not distract from the sacrament, Scott and I wondered if it would be a problem since several of the boys had multi-colored hair. We were deeply impressed to see, the very next week, Trevor's hair was unfrosted. Such a small thing, but it revealed respect and obedience.
Last summer, he literally bounced/ran over our half acre of weeds with the lawn mower, and never seemed bothered that it was blistering hot. He brought tools, and I told him that he needn't bother trimming, since I didn't care whether the yard lived or died, but he would have nothing of it. I was amazed each time he came, and wondered how many times he had come while we were in Salt Lake dealing with other things.
It's been such a pleasure to know Trevor. Thank you. Thank you, also, for your strength and testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ. Trevor's was the most comforting, uplifting funeral I have ever attended. I am so grateful I went.
God Bless the Walkers. Heaven knows they've been a blessing to us.
Friday, February 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Brenda,
I cried over Trevor and I don't even know him.
Emalee
Post a Comment