I've discovered that lettuce does not make a good comfort food. No matter what I smother it in, I don't think it is possible for salad to "hit the spot" right now.
Even deli chicken has lost it's appeal. Something about the skin under my arms turning chicken fat globby just ruins it for me.
Out of desperation for a decent comfort food, I am pulling Dr Peppers from my deepest stash. It is my last resort drug when I am "overwhelmed mother" crazy and cannot tolerate any and all noises. In my darkest hours, Scott will, ever so cautiously, side slide a Dr Pepper my way. It is his way of saying he cares but is rightfully afraid of having his face ripped off.
Anyway, a Snickers candy bar washed down with Dr Pepper works wonders for me right now.
Scott is surviving. Unfortunately, he seems to have built up a tolerance to pain medication. He is not in severe pain. It's just a moderate to low grade, constant pain. It drives him nuts. The drs are not going to give him the really heavy duty, addictive pain meds for moderate pain. It's difficult to tough out chronic pain.
I am relieved that Scott was able to work for a few hours today on his computer. The man needs direction and does so much better if he can get something done. Compared to the last week...... or month...... or summer, he had a pretty good day.
Wednesday, October 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey you, I made some carmel popcorn tonight. It worked for us. I'll share some with you - next time. I am so impressed by you and yours.
Oh, new idea for you, try nuts - (I recommend them raw, because they are less messy.) Any and every kind - and the protein helps me. The are however not low on calories, but then again, neither are Dr. Pepper and Snickers.
Thanks for the therapy in the park this summer. Your ideas were great. Love you and you're in our thoughts and prayers every single day.
You are great at writing this blog. See you soon.
Post a Comment