Friday, October 5, 2007

whew

So, Scott's art show opening was tonight at the Spori gallery. It showcased his book Un-Brella and all of his unbooks. It's such a beautiful show. Lots of friends and family came. The gallery served milk and cookies because it is a children's book and children are supposed to have milk and cookies with their books. It was great. (Special thanks to Brenda Benedict and Karen Anderson. Thank You, Thank You.)

The art department faculty showed up wearing bowties in Scott's honor. The print making teacher made special bowties with one of Scott's patterns for faculty that didn't own a bowtie. It was really endearing. I am so grateful for their show of support and love. It was just what Scott needed right now.

Really, I was so glad to get Scott there at all. Even if he proved to be just a warm body propped in the corner, it was better than standing there by myself. As it turned out, I didn't even have to play ventriliquist. He talked with everybody and had a nice time.

Whew.

No comments: