We met our 3rd oncologist, Dr Dickson, today. I need someone close to help manage side effects of the chemotherapy. Hopefully, we won't need him, but if I don't anticipate trouble I know I will regret it.
We will meet our 4th oncologist later this week. We did not like our 1st oncologist and opted to use another. Our 2nd has fallen ill and will not be back for several months, if at all. So, we will meet a new dr and go thru the same old drill; where ya from, why ya here, where ya hurtin, are ya poopin, insurance card, when does your visa expire.............
Anyway, there have been many blessings and several small miracles today.
N. woke up happy today.
We held family home evening and everyone participated. No one got hurt.
Oh! Can't forget. N. got brackets placed for headgear at the orthodontist. It was all for an enormous amount, but I swallowed my breakfast back down and paid it. The assistant came back and said they forgot to subtract the insurance's portion and that the amount is only half as much. (Laaaaaa! Enter background music of angelic choir)
The water softener is working. I installed it in April and haven't been able to pray it into functioning properly until now. Consequently, we can now use our dishwasher. Joy! ...or rather, Cascade!
There's loads more, but I don't think you are interested in knowing things like what a miracle it is to get the kids in bed by 8:30. Besides, I have to save something for next time.
Monday, October 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Dear Scott and Brenda,
The kids are off to school and I am planning my day. I will be sewing a formal dress for Lily-Anne. The Young Women in Excellence is in Nov. and the girls wanted to were formals (they are dressing up like princesses to go with the Daughter of a King theme). Halloween is will be here soon so I also have to sew a Kimono (spelling) for Clara to be a China girl. I got a pretty oriental fabric and will make a simple bathrobe. Eva wants to be a 70's girl so not hard. Othon a nerd...just need a pocket protector.
I really should have fun today. My sewing machinge is almost twenty years old and so I decided that it was time to get a new machine since I have fought with its problems long enough. I purchased a baby lock and it is wonderful! smooth and quiet.
It is amazing how each day we can reflect and find with workings of a loving Heavenly Father. I hope that all goes well with the new oncologist.
With much love and prayers,
Emalee and family
I love that you can see the miracles. President Eyring's talk at conference reminded me how important it is. With my poor memory, however it is challenging - I know I should drink more water!!! I can't figure out how to get my gmail thing working below so it is calling me by my work name. Just know this is me Jennifer (wife of Rex).
You do have happy wonderful children. We are blessed when they come to our home. I wonder if I could measure the growth that has taken place in my family's life, just because we have been able to share some of this time.
I love the good days!
Post a Comment