Sunday, March 8, 2009

They had hauled him off, luring him out of the house with the promise of a turkey dinner, to the nursing home; cleaned out his house, and filled the dump with freezers and freezers of the miser's hoarded meat stash. He was a miserable man, but he had the last laugh. When he died, they read his will to find that his money was in the frozen parcels labelled "fish".

It was years ago. I don't know why I was thinking about it, but it still makes me laugh. I love, love that it is absolutely a true story.

3 comments:

Lost Woman said...

True or rural legend? Do you know the family?
Too funny if for real.

No fish in my freezer.

Brenda B said...

In my home ward. All true.

No fish in my freezer, either. Bummer.

FYI, if I ever have a stash, it will be in tampon boxes. No one would be crazy enough to steal them, and even if they seem to be decades old, you wouldn't ever throw them out.

Lost Woman said...

So true. That is a great spot.