Wednesday, March 25, 2009

I haven't shopped like that since Scott was on chemo; when I was so desperate that I would pay anything for something the man would eat. So, my freezer is now full of potstickers, lasagna, chicken pot pies, precooked seasoned chicken, creamies, juices, and anything else I could find that was high calorie without any vegetable content. The situation is critical with the man looking disturbingly similar to an Ethiopian refugee. Well, I can guarantee that someone will be gaining weight. Pffft......

The deal was if she pulled her own teeth I would buy her a carmel shake. So, I took Naomi out to lunch while Scott was getting IV fluids. It saved me having to pay the dentist, and gave us some much needed one-on-one. She thinks we need to do it every week. I told her she doesn't have that many teeth.

Charlotte just told me that Preya pooped in the Larsen's house. I told Mindy she wasn't housetrained. She is a sweet dog, though. Scott says she walks fast. Scott needs to walk faster, so that's a good thing.

3 comments:

mitchowl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mitchowl said...

I'll try that again....
When my dad was on chemo my mother did the same thing. Anything my dad used to love. She was very frustrated. I have a friend who told me about when her dad went through the same thing. Her mother spent mega-bucks and mega time trying to find something that man would eat. When he ended up in the hospital he would flirt with the nurses. One of them said, "George, if you don't start eating you're going to blow away." and he said, pointing to his wife, "Well if she would ever feed me......" My friend's mom looked at her in dismay and said quietly, "if I kill him, would you testify?"
We laughed and laughed about that when she told me.
Hang in there, I know it's tough.

Lost Woman said...

Wait, a dog? I missed something.

Oh, if I could only give Scott some of my appetite!!
Good luck in finding the food that masks the metal taste!