Thursday, December 27, 2007

An unusually good day.

The kids cleaned their rooms really well, under the threat of staying home from the big family retreat, this weekend. They are so excited, I am pretty sure I could squeeze a clean house out of them before we leave tomorrow.

So I am told, pregnant persons and liver transplant hopefuls get their own room at the cabin. Thank goodness, none of my sisters are pregnant and have to share a room with Scott. :) I know Jan and Leah have worked hard to get it all together, thank you.

Tomorrow, Scott's MELD score jumps to 28. I hope it's high enough to get us to transplant. Hopefully, we are #1 when we get the next call. I don't know if I can handle being #2, again.

It was a really nice day. We went out to Applebee's for dinner, where C. announced, "I burped-ed up my nose, and it's yelling, HOT! HOT!" The kids really enjoyed their food: mini-hamburgers, mac-n-cheese, and a grilled cheese sandwich. M. chose a more sophisticated shrimp pasta dish and loved it. My food was good, but Scott does not ever wish to eat at Applebee's, again.

I think that the next time we go out it will be on a Wednesday, when the kids meals are only $.99. If we leave Scott home, and M. and I share a huge dish, it would, overall, cost the same as McDonalds; but I wouldn't have to eat really nasty food.

2 comments:

EM said...

Dear Scott and Brenda,

I too would do about anything to avoid eating at McDonalds!

We had a wonderful time on our trip. Lots of sun, a little rain every day, we saw some beautiful places, and made some wonderful memories. I gained a greater respect for Scott and his summer picking pinneapples. It looked like very hard, hot, dirty work!

We have been home for a few days and trying to get back to the routine. Most of the vacation laundry is washed and put away. We started practising the piano today. The little girls and I are reading the Frog Princess aloud together. So far it has been very captivating. Lily is making gingerbread cookies that got pushed aside in packing for vacation.

We are doing great and are thankful for the daily blessings we receive. Keep up the happy face, take care, rest alot, don't forget to laugh. We love you and pray for you daily. Em and family

Brenda B said...

I'm so grateful you made it home safely and that you had such a great time.