Wednesday, December 26, 2007

As predicted, Christmas morning was great fun, and we went out to my parent's house for the big family party.

I purchased wood, IKEA boxes that screw and nail together. It's been great fun to assemble them with the kids. I love that it's the hands-on things that they like the very most, the crafts and legos.

C. is quite happy with her new backpack of games. She's at that magic age where she understands rules, and fair play, but doesn't care who wins. I didn't anticipate her being so good at Memory. I probably just forgot how bad I am at Memory.

It took 15 minutes max to take down the tree, decorations and clean up the Christmas morning mess, today. Months of preparation and anticipation were vwupped, sucked tight, into a big rubbermaid container, and shut away for another year. Maybe, I should have left it up a bit longer. Instead of a holiday mess, it is a dismally, normal mess.

Scott surfaces occasionally from the computer room or napping, mumbling something about wanting a liver. He hasn't been sleeping at all, and doesn't feel good. I would take him in for IV fluids, but for today, he refuses. There's not much I can do for him. So, I think............. I think I am going to have to ignore him and keep playing with the kids. He usually does better if I am not hovering, anyway. At least, he had a good day, yesterday.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

I so understand the mumblings of "I want a new liver" or "I just want to have the surgery already". I threatened to get my brother a "my liver hurts t-shirt" once it seemed to be his catch phrase for awhile.

Your humor and love is so apparent. It along with your faith will carry you through. My prayers continue to be with you, Scott & your family.

~Tiffany

Unknown said...

I'm so proud of you getting rid of the Christmas Deco so rapidly. You're the woman! I laughed when I read what you wrote about the threats and brown nosing...it is very familiar to me. This year the wrapping was the worst. So next year in the morning maybe I'll try the big trash bag full of things delivered on the front door step. Then maybe I won't need to rummage through the trash 4 or 5 times to find the missing gift or receipt.

Now, what is the nice happy thought I can add at the end of this so you know that I really am richly blessed and not just a whiner.

I woke up with health, strength and my family today.

Thinking of you and praying too.