Friday, November 30, 2007

That one's mine

I love it when people call and say, "We want to come see you. We'll be there in half an hour." Amazingly, my house gets really clean in just 30 minutes. Of course, all the clutter gets stuck on my bed. But then it's all in one place and much easier to sort and put away after they leave.

We had a busy day. A couple of Scott's colleagues dropped by, C. proposed to the neighbor boy, N. washed one of her frogs down the sink, and the kids sang at the college christmas concert.

Someone said, "Oh, there's that little boy from the front that stole the show. He was our favorite. He kept looking up at the conductor and had so much energy."

During the concert, I had felt a little mortified because it was my child standing out in front of his line, swaying to the music and all but picking his nose, while all the other children stood still and sang with their hands straight down.

But then, he really was absolutely adorable in that navy blazer and tie. So I said, "That one's mine, thank you."

No comments: