Thursday, November 15, 2007

We're #1.......

Scott is now #1 on the transplant list. Our surgeon will still turn a liver down for Scott if it is damaged at all, and there is the chance that someone else's status will worsen and bump him down again, but hopefully, we will not have to be #2 again........................ please, not #2.

I ran into an acquaintance while shopping this morning. She started crying and said that what we are going thru is so hard and so terrible. She just cries whenever she thinks about us.

Yes, all this is extremely difficult. I have never in my life been stretched so far, but I don't think it terrible........Ok, so waiting is pretty terrible, but it is not SO terrible to warrant weeping every time I think about it. And believe me, I think about it all the time.

Our closest family and friends can see that we are being carried by God. It's the people on the periphery that need the most comfort, the ones that can't feel the blanket of grace smothering my house. It's an incredible gift resulting from everyone's combined faith and prayers. We feel it.

We are celebrating Thanksgiving on Saturday. It's probably a blatant revelation of my control issues, but I feel like having Thanksgiving at my house with my little family.

On the real Thanksgiving, both our parents usually have huge family parties. It's a crazy, 5,000 calorie ritual with screaming kids all over the place. I can't handle much more craziness.

I would declare Saturday as Christmas also, if I really thought I could get away with it. I'm all shopped for it. If the neighbor kids weren't here today, I would be stuffing stockings and wrapping the last little bits. All this nervous energy has to be for something constructive.

1 comment:

EM said...

Dear Scott and Brenda,

We are so excited that you are #1 on the list. The anticipation for a liver transplant is starting to settle in over in Washington. We pray for your family often, and wish the best.

On a lighter note, you HAVE to see this youtube clip! It is hilarious! My Dad sent this to us from work. Scott will appreciate this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uISuvTiTYJA

Sincerely,
Lily