I was wrong. Something great did happen, yesterday.
My grandmother came to see me.
Grandma was in her forties when her husband died of leukemia. He left her with 10 living children, and a dairy farm. She later remarried, but it was never, ever easy. Among memories of mentholatum treatments (gasp) and learning to crochet, I have her timeless example of endurance and diligence. It's humbling to know she prays for us.
Scott is still in bed, this morning. He hasn't slept well and continues to have drenching sweats. I suspect I will be taking him back in for IV fluids, today. He will not want to go, as usual. Perhaps, I will give him options, "Do you want to walk to the van, or crawl to the van? You decide."
Wednesday, November 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Dear Scott and Brenda,
My childrens wish came true! It started snowing last night. I took Eva to activity days and on the way home we noticed tiny snow flakes. On the way back to get her an hour latter we had a good 1/2 inch of snow. The roads were very slick! Mutual even got cancelled. YEH!!!
Lily was sure today would be a snow day. She is partly right. Two hour late start for Othon and Lily and no school for Eva and Clara they only had a half day anyway). Clara will be sad because she stayed home sick yesterday. It is still snowing but the plows were out in force during the night. We have 4 inches pilled high on our fake mailbox ourside the front door. (I say fake because no mail from the USPS is delivered there, just mail from people dropping stuff off or fun mail from Mom to the Kids or vica versa.)
It is 6:20am and Othon finally found all the snow gear and it running outside to make the first impression. He is letting the dogs out so they can enjoy the snow with him. Snoopy will think the world is comming to an end. Hopefully, Othon will be more willing to take a shower when he gets back inside.
Oh perfect, Lily and Othon will have time to practice their piano. Lessons are today and they could use an extra practice!!
So look out the snow is comming your way! I hope you can just stay home and enjoy the white stuff and not have to drive in it.
Have a great day and you should try to get a nap too. I know I'll want to take one about 1:30. With much love and prayer. Em and family
Thanks, Emalee,
We are doing pretty good, today, and are looking forward to the snow.
Brenda
Hey Brenda & Scott,
Grandma Sarah is truly a great example. I am so very glad that she made you a visit. I'm sure she wishes she could make this all go away. Tough lot, very tough lot. I want you to know I am fasting and praying that Scott can sleep and feel better very soon. You inspire me.
-Jennifer
Post a Comment