I am holding three, large stuffed animals hostage with the promise of taking them to the DI in one week if she can't earn them back by doing jobs without being asked. Who knew that a 12 year old's soft spot would be an old gorilla? I will take more each and every time I have to nag her to do a job. Surprisingly, she was much more respectful and loving tonight than she has been for quite some time. Everything has been so helterskelter the last few months, perhaps she just needs a parental reset to get things going in the right direction again. One thing is for sure, if this is a cry for attention, she'll be getting it.
I'm not sure if Scott had a good Father's Day. He cooked and managed the kids while I sat on the sofa drugged up on decongestant and still sniffling. Poor guy. I am so very grateful to have him. I have fought long and hard to keep him. He really is worth every bit.
Monday, June 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment