We are listening to Harry Potter. I have already read the book and am working very hard to not spoil it at all for Scott. It is a nice diversion.
This week has been bizarre. I think it might become an overall theme for the year.
Tuesday, the 24th, Scott had some eye pain with blurriness. On our way to the hospital, his left eye went numb and stopped tracking with the other eye. It only lasted a few minutes but the drs have spent days trying to figure it out and still have no clear cut idea of what is wrong.
One CT scan shows how the bone behind his left frontal sinus is paper thin. The menanges, lining around the brain, shows irritation right at the spot where the bone is the thinnest. A spinal tap shows no sign of infection which is good. Anyway, one dr says it might be this and we should do something quite drastic, one dr says it might be that and to just wait it out. Everyone agrees that something is wrong but no one really knows what to do.
Since he wasn't having symptoms anymore and they couldn't think of any other uncomfortable tests (if they had thought of a pap smear I'm sure they wouldh've attempted it:) they had to send him home. We drove straight to Chile's so he could eat ribs because out of the 48 hours he was detained they only fed him once. They shouldn't wonder why he is losing weight.
Anyway, he is currently comfortable and without symptoms except for some residual blurriness. We are staying the weekend here in Salt Lake with family(Thank You!). The kids are farmed out to various cousins and grandparents and for the most part having a great time.
I think I may be developing an emotional callous. This could be more unpleasant than the thyroid thing but it doesn't seem to be traumatic anymore. I guess there comes a point of whatever happens, happens and we'll deal with it no matter what. Any pretense of control has been blasted off the planet. The situation becomes an issue of God's will and what experiences he deems necessary for our growth.
It is a luxury to let God worry about it and only carry the burden of breathing. Although, considering I have bad breath, it is probably a burden for everyone.
Thursday, July 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Dear Scott and Brenda,
Sounds like you are getting all your lifes trials jam packed into just a few months. I am happy to see that you still have a sense of humor and hope that you laugh often.
We have finished reading the Deathly Hallows and are content with the ending. Somehow we are sad that the adventure is now over.
Our prayers and love are with you alway. Love Emalee and family
Post a Comment