Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Day 1

Everything went well this morning, better than I had expected. Scott is exhausted and sleeping soundly which I don't mind in the least.

There is one other person on the cholangiocarcinoma protocol at the hospital. We have not met him but supposedly he is able to work. His main complaint is that he is very tired.

Scott is not nauseated right now for which I am relieved. I think it has been the most uncomfortable side effect of the procedures and surgeries. Except for the most severe pain, pain can usually be endured until the medication for it kicks in. Nausea is torture because if Scott starts throwing up he often cannot stop and it is not always relieved by meds.

I am convinced that not many people in the world can vomit gracefully and Scott is certainly no exception to that.

2 comments:

EM said...

Dear Brenda and Scott,
I just found your blog and figured out how to leave a note. I at least have read your postings and am thankful for the technology that makes it all possible.
I wept as I read and felt that you indeed are being cared for and loved by those close to you and most of all our Heavenly Father. We pray for you and your family daily. With all my love EM

jared said...

hi scott and brenda,
I just got off of the phone with mom and she updated me on what is going on and I just read through the blog, You guys are in the right place and you are in our prayers, is there an address that we could send you anything in utah, let us know if there is anything that we can do. we hope all goes well,