"Oh............ I remember the last time you came in here. Yes..........."
He was green.
"Yes, you were so sick. I remember............ Oh, I am so glad you are better. I knew you lived in Rexburg, but how could I find you to see? Oh, I am so glad.......... so glad."
It humbled my heart remembering just how awful that time had been. And to think how close Scott was to dying, and how many times since. Even more humbling was to realize that this waiter had worried and wondered, and was so genuinely grateful to see us again.
I'm so grateful that I wasn't there without Scott and telling our favorite waiter that Scott had died. It's easy to forget how lucky we are; how blessed. Seriously blessed.
Friday, July 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You touch so many lives without even knowing it.
Post a Comment